Deadline: 25 March 2011
Open to: working photographers worldwide covering the aftermath of conflict
Grant: a total of $65,000 will be awarded
The Aftermath Project is a non-profit organization committed to telling the other half of the story of conflict — the story of what it takes for individuals to learn to live again, to rebuild destroyed lives and homes, to restore civil societies, to address the lingering wounds of war while struggling to create new avenues for peace.
The Sahrawi people are the native inhabitants of what is now called Western Sahara. For the first time, the Aftermath Project is sponsoring a grant competition for a specific aftermath issue – the story of the Sahrawi people.
Winners will be required to submit interim reports by dates designated in award letter and packet, and will receive 40% of their award mid-way through, and the remaining 10% upon delivery of 12 prints at project completion. All grant work MUST be completed by March 31, 2012.
Working photographers worldwide covering the aftermath of conflict.
Your submission must include:
1. signed application form http://www.mladiinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/application-form1.pdf
, saved as a PDF file.
2. project proposal, not to exceed two pages, saved as a PDF file.
3. portfolio of no more than 25 images, in jpeg format. You must label your images with your last name, followed by a number – ie, Smith_1.jpg. Your images MUST be sized 1024 pixels on the longest side, at 72 dpi – with a file size of NO LARGER than 2 MB.
4. A caption sheet, saved as a PDF file.
5. A budget, outlining your estimated costs for travel, accommodations, food, etc, for time spent working on the project.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, and you will be invited to join a dropbox folder where you will "drop” or place your completed entry. You will be notified via email when we have downloaded your application.
A total of $65,000 will be awarded, oOne of those grants will be designated for an African photographer, living and working on the continent.